Update: you can now add your G-*** tracking code in Complianz and it will be handled for you. – Want to configure for GDPR, read this article
If you want to upgrade to Google Analytics 4 you will need to upgrade your tracking code. If you have implemented Analytics with Complianz, please follow these instructions or wait until we have updated Complianz to handle this for you. We are working on full integration with Google Consent Mode and gtag.js to adhere to the new structure.
- Upgrade to Google Analytics 4 – and collect your Measurement ID (instead of UA-****-* you will get a G-****-*)
- Go to the Complianz Wizard – Cookies – Statistics and now choose either:
- Yes, Anonymous (to set analytics before consent)
- Yes, and the personal data is available to us ( to set analytics after consent on the statistics category)
- Change the G-code in the below script and add this to your website (outside of Complianz) for example with a plugin like Header Footer Code Manager
- Done. Now Complianz will recognize the script, and you can use gtag.js for Google Analytics 4. For more events and granular consent, please visit this article.