There are three popular ways how to install Matomo for WordPress. We will describe below how to make it work with Complianz.
- Using the Matomo official WordPress plugin. Available here.
- Using Complianz to add Matomo for you
Which one you should choose is based on the consequences per implementation.
- You are using the Matomo official WordPress plugin. This will save all available data from Matomo in your current database, which is not recommended for medium to large websites.
- Adding with Complianz will make sure consent is handled correctly, as well as implementation. Changing the code, however, is more complicated.
1. Using the Matomo official WordPress plugin
If you’re using the Matomo official plugin;
- In Matomo choose to anonymize IP addresses
- In Complianz, under Wizard – Cookies – Statistics select the answer Yes, Anonymously for the question: Do you compile statistics of this website?
- Configure Matomo in the dedicated plugin. Complianz is now configured to handle Matomo as an anonymous statistics script.
3. Using Complianz to add Matomo for you
You can let Complianz add Matomo when you have the plugin installed, or when you don’t have the plugin installed:
- Matomo plugin installed: Use yourdomain.com/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/ as your installation URL when asked in Complianz -> Wizard -> Cookies -> Statistics Configuration
- Matomo plugin NOT installed: Use the domain of your Dashboard installation