Table of Contents
Why update to 6.0?
Complianz 6.0 is an update to improve code drastically with 2 noticeable differences for our users:
Updating to 6.0 will make sure you’re ready for new features, including “Consent per Service‘ in 6.1 and many more improvements to come.
Biggest Changes in 6.0
Before updating to Complianz 6.0The Cookie Banner will change. Even if you didn’t touch the previous settings, a small change will be noticeable, because we changed HTML as well as CSS, while removing dependencies on jQuery. This will improve performance, customization possibilities and will be future-proof. If you want to reproduce your original banner, please disable the following settings in your cookie banner settings, after the update process:
Possibilities after Updating
1. Edit after the Update ProcessDuring the update, we automatically update your Cookie Banner to the new structure while applying your current settings. You can now use the settings to make use of the newest features or go back to your original banner. If you want to use new features, or used custom CSS, please continue this article.
2. Start with a New DefaultDo you have no issue with designing your Cookie Banner for 6.0? You can now reset to our 6.0 default Cookie Banner by using the “Reset to default values” setting:
3. Update your Custom CSSIf you’re using custom CSS you will need to change some classes to apply your CSS to the new Cookie Banner. Here you will find a quick mapping of the most common Cookie Banner classes between 5.0 and 6.0.
|CSS Class 5.0||CSS Class 6.0|
|.cc-save, .cc-show-settings||.cmplz-save-preferences, .cmplz-view-preferences|
4. Take advantage of the Newest FeaturesThere is of course a good reason we changed the cookie banner and subsequent consent structure. We simplified the structure and made it future-proof. This will improve performance and create more opportunities to add new features in the future. You can now use this new Cookie Banner to start from scratch by using our single HTML template, Custom CSS to change anything you want in the modular grid or use the new settings to get what you need, for example:
- Add your own Logo
- Add a close button
- Add category descriptions
- Add a header title