Implementing a consent box is quite simple, but mandatory in many cases. You need a consent box in each situation where it is unclear what you’re doing with certain information in your contact form. Also, follow-up e-mails which are not obvious, require a consent box. For instance, you have a contact form that focusses primarily on making an appointment. A consent box could contain “Yes I would like to receive commercial e-mails” if you want to be able to send commercial e-mails after the follow-up related to making an appointment.
Some plug-ins have got a standard option embedded to set up a checkbox. Below you can find a manual to install these consent boxes for the top 3 contact form plugins.
Contact Form 7
To add a consent checkbox to your Contact Form 7 form, you have to:
1. Go to Contact -> Contact Forms. Select the form you want to add a consent box to.
3. Click with your mouse cursor at the beginning of the text and then click the acceptance button.
4. You will now see some new options. Uncheck by default & click Insert Tag.
5. Add [/acceptance] to the end of the sentence. This closes the acceptance script. Done!
To add a consent box in WPForms you simply have to do the following steps:
1. Enable the option “GDPR Enhancements”.
2. At the option Standard Fields, you will find a field named GDPR Agreement. Add this to your form. Name it and uncheck it by default.
Setting up for Gravity Forms is quite easy.
1. Head over to the contact form you would like to edit.
2. Add a checkbox and adjust to your needs. Uncheck by default.