Release Complianz 3.2 is out! Besides the usual fixes, compatibilities, and improvements. We added a few new features in 3.2. We will explain what we’ve added and how it might affect your website.
If you have any questions surrounding the new update and the documentation does not assist in solving an issue, or explaining a new feature. Please use the support form below.
The United Kingdom is now a separate region
The United Kingdom is now a separate region in both Premium and Free. We would recommend both premium and free users to check if adding or switching to the UK region is preferred.
Recently the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection authority for the UK, has issued new guidance that addresses cookies and similar technologies in detail. To comply with this new guidance, some changes have to be made to the current GDPR consent management. Because those changes affect a variety of settings and legal documents, the United Kingdom is now a separate region with dedicated consent and documents.
[av_button label=’About ICO Guidelines and PECR’ link=’post,16172′ link_target=” size=’large’ position=’left’ label_display=” icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ av_uid=’av-2crjgof’ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]
Script Center is now embedded in Integrations
The script went from a menu item to a tab under ‘Integrations’ adding more flexibility to handling scripts, active plugins and third-party services like Google reCAPCTHA and alike.
You’re now able to enable or disable support for plugins and services. Plugins which are not integrated as of yet can be added in the script center or you can log a ticket to ask for integration.
NB. Some users might have added services, but didn’t revert back to the wizard to make changes. This might cause services to be enabled again. Please go to “Integrations” to check if your services are still blocked.
[av_button label=’About Integrations’ link=’post,17828′ link_target=” size=’large’ position=’left’ label_display=” icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ av_uid=’av-82m13j’ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]
Although it won’t add new features. We are working on making a difficult subject easier. A new website will be live soon, including new documentation and better support handling. Changing the UI/UX of Complianz is on the backlog as well.
Categories for Tag Manager is no longer required
Until now, using Tag Manager which fires non-functional cookies required a cookie notice with categories enabled. Mostly because using Tag Manager implied using categorical firing of tags, but we made it more flexible. Now when using Tag Manager, although categories are standard, the use of a simple banner is possible as well. This will require a small change in Tag Manager. How, you can read below!
[av_button label=’Tag Manager & Complianz’ link=’post,6798′ link_target=” size=’large’ position=’left’ label_display=” icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ av_uid=’av-1qxna5r’ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]
Full change log 3.0 to 3.2
== Change log ==
= 3.2.0 =
* Improvement: The United Kingdom is now a separate region with specific cookie consent management
* Improvement: Script center is now embedded under ‘Integrations’. A more flexible approach to blocking and enabling scripts, plugins and services
* Tweak: Tag Manager does not require a categorical approach of cookies
* Tweak: Feedback in dashboard has been improved when changing regions
* Tweak: Stylesheet updates
= 3.1.0 =
* Improvement: proof of consent page, which works as user consent registration on settings change
* Improvement: added script dependency array, to enable scripts to fire in a certain order
* Improvement: extended placeholder support for non-iframes
* Improvement: added soft Cookie Wall
= 3.0.11 =
* Fix: version stripping second digit for upgrade check
= 3.0.10 =
* Fix: Avia front-end pagebuilder getting blocked by cookie blocker
* Fix: Lawfull => lawful
* Improvement: added custom jquery event to hook into cookie consent events
* Fix: set Google Analytics as not functional
* Improvement: added PayPal cookies
* Improvement: added cc-revoke example
* Improvement: added helptext to explain email addresses are obfuscated
* Improvement: sanitizing of hex color in custom css
* Improvement: WP Google Maps integration
* Improvement: moved do not track me integration to filterable array
* Improvement: prevent policies from being generated when not activated in settings
* Improvement: pixelyoursite plugin support
* Improvement: notifications when cookie blocker is enabled, to make sure users understand the implications
* Improvement: dropped youronlinechoices as suggested service
= 3.0.8 =
* Fix: creating legal document page when none is available after region switch
* Improvement: W3C validator compatibility for documents
* Improvement: recommended action on Google Fonts
* Fix: Pass font color to cc-category class
* Fix: allow for content in iframes tags in regex pattern
* Fix: hide comment checkbox when WP personal data storage for comments is disabled
= 3.0.7 =
* Tweak: remove blocking of custom Google implementations, as it is not yet possible to reactivate them
= 3.0.6 =
* Fix: new regex did not exclude cmplz-native scripts from cookie blocker
= 3.0.5 =
* Fix: saving when saved data is not an array
* Fix: prevent force category for Tag Manager after switching back to GA
* Improvement: allow for Youtube video series URL
* Fix: several improvements for US documents
* Improvement: when marketing level category is selected, statistics category should not get consent
* Improvement: not scrolling to top when accepting
* Fix: table remove on plugin deletion
* Improvement: CSS classes for Cookie Notice
= 3.0.4 =
* Fix: expiry days not passed to cookie banner
= 3.0.3 =
* Fix: add href to accept button on cookie banner
* Fix: Not saving unchecked checkbox custom document css
* Fix: Privacy statement for eu notice when using US only
* Fix: If page is deleted, stored cookiepage url could be empty
* Fix: When switching settings for advertising cookies, output might show both advertising and non-advertising paragraph
* Fix: Cookie blocker was not activated when only statistics required a cookie warning
* Fix: selecting no thirdparty services or cookies could lead to double activation of statistics
* Fix: Selecting US as target region in some cases did not fire the default consent which is allowed for US privacy regulations
= 3.0.2 =
* Fix: Gravity forms checkbox not generated correctly
* Fix: Brand color not updating in cookiebanner
* Fix: Incomplete cookie causing not reaching 100% without notice
* Fix: Enabling TM categories
* Fix: Elementor forcing lineheight of 0 in embeds
= 3.0.1 =
* Fix: hook for DB upgrade moved to an earlier one.
= 3.0.0 =
* Fix: removed Google Plus integration, as it’s discontinued
* Fix: prevent saving from document URL’s on autosave and revisions
* Fix: moved linkedin from script blocked list to async loaded list
* Fix: default region is now one of the selected regions in the wizard.
* Fix: when localstorage is empty, empty array could cause PHP error during cookie scan
* Fix: excluded elementor_font post_type from scan
* Fix: hyperlink in disclaimer (Dutch)
* Fix: As elementor uses the classic shortcodes in Gutenberg, an exception should be made for Elementor when inserting default pages
* Improvement: Hide nag notices from other plugins on Complianz pages.
* Improvement: Added export feature
* Improvement: Completely rewritten video blocking and placeholder code, which should reduce possible issues
* Improvement: Added HappyForms integration to enable recaptcha initialization.
* Improvement: Extended support for different types of IP detection on servers e.g. Cloudflare.
* Improvement: Moved string translation support for polylang and WPML to core
* Improvement: Added option to disable adding placeholder HTML to video’s
* Improvement: Moved cookie banner settings to separate table and object
* Improvement: Limit ajax requests to a/b testing and multiple regions
* Improvement: Placeholders for Gutenberg variations with Pagebuilders and various themes.
* Improvement: Disabling placeholders if needed
* Improvement: Full compatibility with Newspaper and Adsense
* Improvement: Blocking IP Adresses for comment section. (option)
* Improvement: Variable cookie scan for high traffic websites to minimize server capacity.
* Improvement: New UI for cookie banner settings.